Easy Brewing Instructions for Essiac Tea
The best way we to prepare essiac tea, through years of trial and error, is to brew the tea yourself. If you can make spaghetti then you can do it! (and that is not counting the sauce just the pasta; it is that easy.) We will explain to you the easiest brewing method but you will also receive instructions with your order as well. (We feel the more information you have at hand the better off you are). It is best to use a stainless steel or glass pot rather than aluminum.
You can buy the tea pre-brewed from stores but we have come to find that the potency and strength does not match that of the eight herb self-brewed tea that we offer. Let's put it in simple terms. First, you are actually saving money when you brew the tea yourself. Second, when you purchase pre-brewed teas you may be buying a product that is loaded with artificial preservatives. There is NOTHING artificial here. We cannot stress enough that our herbs are only from the highest and finest quality found anywhere. And like any other product that may find itself on the shelf too long it runs the good chance of losing its effectiveness. (We have FRESH herbs sent to us every two to three weeks; there is no time for anything to sit and spoil).
Brewing this tea is as simple as it sounds. We provide you with the eight herbs already blended together so that you DO NOT have to measure out percentages or use scales. We do that for you; all you have to do is brew it and refrigerate it once it has been brewed. As with anything, the tea has a lifespan of its own. It is advised to brew enough for 16 days.
Your herbs will arrive in powdered form. Why? Using powdered (or pulverized) herbs costs more, however we absorb the extra cost, not our customers. Although they cost more, the powdered herbs make a much STRONGER tea mixture. When you powder the herbs you break them down completely, there is NOTHING WASTED. Every part of the herb is used and that is the source of essiac's strength. By using every part of the herb there is more surface area for absorption, which means EVERYTHING IS BEING USED IN THE BREW. Nothing is wasted, there are no cutting corners. When we use powdered herbs we use the herbs at their fullest potential. We cannot stress enough the importance of powdered herbs. It is important to note that it is best to drink the sediment that is going to form when mixing the powered herbs; this contains many important nutrients and medicinal properties. So yes the powdered herbs cost more but our customers prefer this for good reason. THAT IS HOW THE ORIGINAL ESSIAC FORMULA WAS DEVELOPED.
Brewing Instructions for a 2-week supply of Essiac tea using aggressive treatment dose OR maintenance dose.
Typical Aggressive Treatment Dose: Brew a 2-week Supply (Using the most typical dose of 3 oz. taken three times per day)
1. Bring 132 oz. (1 gallon plus 4 oz. to account for evaporation) of spring water or distilled water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Add 4 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. Please actually weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation of 4 oz. herbs--which weighs 113 grams--is 1 1/4 cups of herbs when using dry measurement cups instead of a kitchen scale. If you don't already have one, please purchase a small inexpensive home kitchen scale as soon as possible).
Typical Maintenance Treatment Dose: Brew a 16 day Supply (Most commonly the dose is 4oz. taken once per day)
1. Boil 68 oz. of spring water or distilled water in a large pot.
2. Add 2 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount.
Here are the rest of the brewing instructions (in any size batch):
3. Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a cover on the pan with just a bit of air exposed to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture* and funnel it into a clean standard plastic spring water gallon container (or a glass bottle, if you prefer). Refrigerate.
*We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you leave the herb particles in the tea and DO NOT strain the herbs. Because these are powdered herbs, you don't have to strain anything--the herbs are fine enough to be taken as you drink the tea. The herbs increase the efficacy level of the treatment.
Do not try to brew essiac tea much more than two weeks ahead: it will stay good for about 16 days, but after that you should make a fresh batch of tea. (Two quarts will last 16 days for an individual on the maintenance dose) Shake the container well before pouring your dosages to disperse the herb particles throughout the tea.
If you find it difficult to drink essiac straight, you may mix your essiac tea with fruit or vegetable juice. Most people consume essiac tea cold.
The most consistent results over the years come when the doses are taken on an empty stomach. This means to avoid eating two hours before and one hour after drinking the tea. However, if you must eat and take essiac at the same time, by all means do this. It is certainly better than missing a dose.
Disclaimer: Essiac is not FDA tested and has not been FDA approved as a treatment or cure for any health problem, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether essiac is a treatment method you should pursue. We have provided accounts of actual users of essiac. We believe that our formula is the most effective essiac formula being sold in the world, and that our essiac tea ingredients are of the highest quality. However, we do not endorse anything on this site as medical fact.