FOODS TO EAT OR AVOID WHEN FIGHTING ILLNESS
Whether you are fighting an illness or maintaining good health, the foods you choose are natural medicine to your body. It is important to understand that everything we eat affects our cells, organs and our bodies as a whole, in either a positive or negative way. What you eat can detox, build the immune system and fight inflammation.
For cancer, there are specific foods that fight against those cells while boosting your immunity. I've compiled a list of 'do's and 'don't's to help you. These foods help to fight and prevent cancer.
FOODS TO EAT:
- all cruciferous vegetables especially broccoli
- citrus fruits along with grapefruit and grapes
- apples, cherries
- dark green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach
- all berries especially blueberries
- beans and peas
- nuts especially walnuts
- whole grains (no white bread)!
- garlic and flaxseed
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Deep fried and BBQ meats
- Red meat and processed meat such as sausages, ham, bacon and lunch meats
- sugar, processed foods with high salt, and oily foods
- Dairy from cow's milk; try vegan cheese made from nuts instead. Goat's milk is also a better alternative.